Friday, January 2, 2009

"It's that time of the year again...happy new year"!

It's almost 1.30 pm as I write this. I feel that waking up post-noon on the first day of the new year is the best possible way to just enjoy that 'Jan 1st' feeling!

Yesterday night was easily the coldest we've had this winter in Delhi, and the 'aag' and 'angeethis' in the park downstairs added the much needed warmth to the 'party' as they called it. Good food, great music and a complete lack of soft drinks pretty much sums up last night for me. After that, the cellphone was put on the 'silent' mode and off to bed i went.


12.30 pm on Jan 1st, I woke up. Very sleepy but very very very cosy in the razayi. The cellphone showed heaps of missed calls and new messages. One of which was from M, and every bit what one would expect from her - "so dude, it's that time of the year again....Happy New Year!"

I think those two lines conveyed just so much. Explicitly it was an acceptance that irrespective of what we might wish for, the old year has gone, and the new is here to stay for some 300 odd days. Implicit in it was the 'here we go again' thought - here we go again -wishing; wanting; hoping against all hope, to the extent of invoking the 'pleeeese God pleeeese' mantra. trying to achieve (with different levels of effort each time!); succeeding; failing, and all the while trying to 'understand' what it's all about, this 'life, the universe and everything' (D.Adams)

So to whoever is reading this, I hope you had an interesting new year's eve, and I truly hope 2009 is good to you. Happy new year, with lots of love!

1 comment:

  1. Sleeping to hearts content! What could be better :) wish you happy and prosperous 2009!

    ReplyDelete