Thursday, March 11, 2010

They say anything worth having is worth fighting for. They also say if you really want something, then the entire universe conspires for you to get it.

I was believing the first statement till sometime back. Then it was as if I just got tired of fighting. With people. For things. For things to happen. I got tired of trying not to feel disappointed, of still finding ways to hope, again and again. I guess somewhere I realised it shouldn't be so hard, so difficult. And so for sometime now, I've begun letting go. Of the hope. I just wanted to step back a little.

In that scenario, I find myself being taken by surprise a little too much, all of a sudden. The kind words have become kinder. The understanding tone has become alot more than just understanding. The teasing and jokes have been supplemented with a different kind of talk all together. Some actions are leaving me stunned almost. Some topics have not been easy to discuss. But I'm glad there is space for that discussion as and when the need arises.

I am beginning to get a tiny glimpse into a kind of perspective that, while I had hoped for it, is leaving me speechless nonetheless. I do so want to believe in it a lot more than I'm letting myself. Maybe with time I will be able to understand why I feel scared by it right now. Until then the forces of nature may kindly step in. Now would be a really good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment