Saturday, March 20, 2010

Have you ever felt like you can just connect to a complete stranger in a way you never thought was possible? I'm referring to someone who I've only heard of, many times. I've never met her, I've never spoken to her, I don't know anything about her except her name. Yet when I read this one email she wrote to someone who I know, I felt every word of it. I don't know if it's a woman thing...

Actually if I think about it, maybe I connected to what she wrote. The love, the longing, the wishing. The anxiousness about what lies ahead. The having to think of newer times but with more than a ton of memories from the years gone by. The still trying to understand, still trying to explain ... still not managing to, entirely.

There was so much she wrote. And so much more unsaid in that email. Yet it came through. Word for word. Something about that email saddened me like nothing else has in a very very very long time. Maybe because it's very believable. But mostly because it could have happened to anyone on this big planet, even me. And I felt I would have written exactly those words.
(And I'm sure the reply she received would have crushed her. I understand too where the reply came from, yet it seemed like the final blow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment