So for the past one week we've been trying to re-do my room into a reading room. This has involved moving all the bookshelves into one room, which in itself involved removing the books first, and then putting them back. We also had to move the bed into RG's room. And we had to consolidate all the books lying in all random corners of the house. We have alot of books!!! Right from beginning with all those Enid Blytons, Nancy Drews, Hardy Boys, the Anne series, the Swallows & Amazons series, loads of Asterix & Tintin...followed by fiction of recent years, as well a considerable amount of reading on sports, music, history, culture etc. All the bookshelves are already packed... Ma isn't too happy with the change!
I also had to sort out a whole bunch of readings, articles, exam papers, admit cards etc...finally managed to get rid of alot of papers. Also went through stacks of old greeting cards collected over the years for birthdays, new year, friendship etc... So there were the ones I would get from my friends in Muscat, with every available inch filled with the latest gossip! There were also the ones I've received from mausi over the years - The ones when U*** was young enough to write ' i love you didi' ;) And then the ones that signed off with four names, following A*****'s birth. There was an entire separate bundle of letters and cards from Mr & Mrs Prince, tracing my pre-teen, teen and then the post-teen years! I also discovered school magazines, and old slam books, and photographs... and well, stuffed toys too. Phew! I didn't even know my room could hold so much of my life!
While i do not find it easy to throw away alot of things, I did manage to discard quite alot of stuff today. It's something I just felt needed to be done, and I've been feeling it for a while now.
No comments:
Post a Comment