I HAVE HAD IT. If one more person tells me to get a f***** 'without specs' snap clicked I will MURDER them. I love my specs. And I love myself with them. And even after I get married I will continue to wear them, so that message better get across at the first instance.
The entire process of arranged marriage has become very ..quantified. What info do you get to see in someone's profile? Height. Weight. Income. Number of houses.
And the requirements, even after generations, remain '...wanted Tall Fair Slim Beautiful girl...' - WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?! Has there ever been a standard definition of the above mentioned adjectives? Educational qualifications are in most cases over-powered by the aforementioned requirements. And then you would think if they are demanding such standards, their own boys would be an equal match? BUT NOO! OBSCURE education from pretty obscure institutions, average job profiles and NO extra-curricular interests...and you can forget about the looks, for all they are worth (although for ALL of them, their sons are Fair, Handsome, Sharp features, Very goodlooking!).
And it's so ODD, once the profiles (and at times photographs) are exchanged, the boy's family in 99.9% of the cases doesnt even SHARE them with the boy, before making a decision! I mean, hellooo?!
I AM NOT A COMMODITY. YOU CAN'T COME INTO MY HOUSE AND STARE AT ME AS IF I AM SOME PURCHASE YOU ARE CONTEMPLATING. AND ...I CANNOT GET MARRIED TO ANYONE WHO HAS AN MBA, met one of those excessively inflated egos' a few days back, a complete ASS.
I've never had issues with my appearance before. I might not be spectacular, but I'm not bad :) And if you're going to say no to me, even without meeting me, just for some girl who is 2 inches taller or comes with 6/6 vision, then it's your loss. That I can say with certainty. So in the long run I won't even remember it, but in the short-run it does hurt. And that's where this post is coming from.
और अब मेरा गाली देने का मन कर रहा ही
P.S. Thank you lambu-engineer for the laughs...
nothin here tht i would disagree with.. :)
ReplyDelete