Saturday, August 28, 2010

Another week in Ith ends. It began with orientations and has ended with a glimpse of academics as they are to be for the next many semesters. Never in my life have I entered, and studied, in a library from day 2! Never. It helps though, that the libraries here are so nice that you almost don't feel leaving. That is, until you've had too much of a desktop and/or struggled too much with the homework. Even then, they're nice.
I've seen a movie - Some like it hot. Also went for another one but the undergrads beat us to it! Watched one at Mpwd tonight - Prince Caspian (chronicles of narnia). I went it, expecting nothing from it. I hadn't seen the first one. I realised though, after a long time, how almost all such stories have similar morals. I vaguely remember reading it as a child and it's queer how some, just very few things from the book came back to me as I watched the movie. There's this song in the end though, which just put me to tears.
Anyway, before I launch into that, here's the rest of the update. I've bought myself a huge big umbrella. Too bad even a drop hasn't poured since then! I walked around the B'lake today. It's a beautiful trail. Very calm and serene. Almost too calm, I got a bit scared to be honest. Then I went to the gym :) Finally. And I enjoyed it, building up a sweat after so long. Hopefully I can manage more of it. Oh, also the CC movie pass has been obtained. So have tickets to a few of the CCS events. And I'eve begun the homework. So far, so good.
So, about the song. Well, if you write (and sing) something like - (The call. Regina Spektor)
It started out as a feeling,
which then grew into a hope.
Which then turned into a quiet thought,
which then turned into a quiet word....
I'm bound to break down. I mean, c'mon, it's freaky how I end up listening to such songs. Is it just me?! And I don't even know why I reached my room in tears. Home? The lambu? Missing friends? What??!
This week's been difficult, in terms of the nostalgia. Infact the library's been the only place where I haven't felt it. Part of it is explainable, but mostly it's just like I know I'm torturing myself but I just don't know how to get past it. To be honest, it's not so much about home. I'm speaking to ma and pa almost daily. It's the one on the other coast. Every day I'm reminded of him. In so many little ways. Wherever I go on campus, something I hear or see around me invariably makes me long for him. For him to be here, for us to be something. I know I shouldn't. But I don't know what else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment