I feel like I haven't written for quite some time. I don't have anything specific to write about. My life seems to revolve around homework assignments, midterms, cups of chai, realising the cold isn't all that bad, leaving the library on the rare sunny days and throwing in a bit of music or movies when I can. And praying. I find myself reaching out for the prayer book at times. And it does calm me. Just like walking around this campus. Thank goodness for the trees, lakes, blue skies, birds and squirrels. It nourishes my soul like nothing else can. This past weekend was probably the most relaxed it's ever been here. We had no homework, no midterms to study for. Initially it felt unreal and liberating. After a day though, I wanted it back - the busy pace, with so many things to do that my time was filled with work from morning to evening, so I didn't really have to think of what to do with my time. I wonder if that's a good thing ....?
I just realised how time flies by. It's mid-november already. In about a month, I'll be home. I somehow can't believe it. I do so badly want to see ma & papa again. But I also know I've changed. Not a lot, not fundamentally. But in some ways, I can feel it. And it's going to be interesting, this first visit back home :D
Guppy might visit me next weekend. RG is going to be here around thanksgiving. It should be good fun, to have some family around. Although I'm beginning to wonder just what constitutes family. My friends here, they make up an analogous set of people for me now. I know I'll miss them as much as I miss people from dilli once I'm home. Isn't that strange? It's like you make a family for yourself wherever you go. Which is comforting.
There are some other things I want to write about, but I can't bring myself to :p I'm still trying to understand them myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment