Saturday, May 8, 2010

I remember, as a child, I used to love going to airports. And I loved it even more if we went there to receive someone, or to go somewhere ourselves. In Mct I liked it because it meant we would be flying home for the holidays. In Del I liked the road leading up to the airport, where you could just park your car on the side and watch countless planes land/take off, right above your head.

Four of us went to the airport today. Three came back. In another three months, only two will come back home. I don't like airports anymore. I don't feel the excitement anymore. I don't find kids dressed in brand new clothes endearing anymore. I no longer hear the rude guards blowing their whistles incessantly to keep the traffic moving. I felt nothing today, when we were dropping RG off at the airport. All I was thinking of was the next time I'll get to meet him. And how it will just be the two of us.
I don't like it that he's gone away. I don't like it that I'll be going away too. Soon.

I was thinking of all this in the car, on the way back home. AB called, from some corner of the globe, screaming with joy that she's become a mausi. It's a baby girl :) Amazing isn't it, how life and time, both, go on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment