Friday, October 9, 2009

Whatever

I can't believe a few bruises on my foot kept me out of action for almost a week. Should be back on the road tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed.

I have painstakingly put together a list of univs I want to apply to. Let me just say it wasn't easy. Browsing through endless web-pages, emailing professors and students...not to mention the free advice that everyone in India is always ready with! I really don't understand the lack of emphasis on development econ in most US universities. So anyway my initial list of about 18-20 has come down to 8-10, which I feel is rather reasonable. My next worry is whether or not I'll manage to get the reccos in time! I'm also gearing up to explain my choice of mostly non-heterodox econ schools to my profs at JNU. . And of course the over-riding concern is the possibility of having to relocate to an entirely different country! It's happened twice in the recent past. It could have been Hong Kong. And as of today, it could be Singapore. I'm left speechless at the ease with which people then say, "Oh, don't apply to the States, apply to *** place instead!". All I can do is shrug/throw up my hands in surrender (while I scream internally). Yeah, whatever...

Diwali is coming up. And the weather has cooled down. Atleast something is normal. Diwali has always been marked by a slight chill in the air - not too cold for you to have to wear woollens, but cool enough to signal the transition from summer cottons to winter silks.

By the way, I put in a map widget on the blog sometime back. It's sort of cool to see the red dots on it! I can guess a few, but some I can't. I didn't even know there were strangers reading this.... waah!

1 comment: