It was written that I meet lambu engineer today. Honestly. Considering that till last evening I was contemplating flying out to Bangalore.
A little bit of history is in order. I met the lambu several years back. I don't know which/who I remember more fondly - the big box of chocolates, the person who sent them, or the lambu who got them! However some things about him stood out even then, just as they do today. Firstly (and obviously) the height. Secondly the non-stop chatter (mostly self-praise). Thirdly an awsome sense of humour/wit. And the ruthless teasing. (We can leave out the brains for now.)
Oh and well, he's never ever on time. Never. Not then, not now.
He's also very rude. And one shouldn't try to be nice to him because it just goes waste.
Anyhow, so, after changing the time and venue a several hundred times, his highness made an entrance late in the afternoon, for lunch. We had a mini debate about whether or not I would finance his alcohol (you see, I'm the employed one here.). Thankfully they didn't serve alcohol in the area we were sitting at. He obliged me by ordering the starters. For main course (trust him) we had butter chicken & naan. There's nothing wrong with that. Except I am always reminded of this one conversation I had with D, where we both agreed that this particular food should only be eaten at home, in your night clothes because it's impossible to eat it without everything getting messy. Which was pretty much what happened - atleast to me.
What did we talk about? Well work/studies. Pros and cons of living in the States. And the usual friendly banter (if I can call it that).
Oh, and either he has shrunk or I have become taller ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment