Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Muuuuuzik

Sweetness. The music scene in the city has finally begun again.

Attended a performance by Pt.Birju Maharaj and his son Deepak Maharaj today. The son is Good! And Panditji was as adorable as ever. Also at the same programme, Pt.Shiv Kumar Sharma played the santoor - I've never heard it live before, and I loved every note he played. Both were accompanied by Pt.Yogesh Samsi, who has been trained by the great Ustad Alla Rakha.... yes the evening was very very delightful.

SPIC MACAY inaugurates it's season this 27th with Pt.Hariprasad Chaurasia :) I am reminded of last year when RG & I went all the way to north campus for it... am hopeful we both will find the time for it this time too...

Delhiites just CAN'T switch off their cellphones at music concerts. Just Can't.
Too sleepy to write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment