Saturday, February 26, 2011

:)

Dear world,

I can't believe I'm home on a Friday afternoon and not working! Although it's just been a month since this semester began, it feels like much longer. The good thing about it is though that I can really appreciate one day of no work. Like, I've earned it! It's like there's something in the air that's consciously saying to me - Hey, no work for you today! :) No homework, no grading, no studying, no prelims...just for today :) Only a grad student could appreciate the magnitude of what I'm trying to say right now!
Reminds me of this conversation my roommate had when someone on a bus asked her if she was an undergrad here. She said no, i'm a graduate student. and so this person said to her "oh i'm so sorry... you must have no life at all!" :p
Another time two students in the class I'm TA-ing asked me "...so, is it like, scary, being a PhD student?!" :D When I recounted this to D, she said 'you know, apparently its evident to everyone but us'!!

It's been snowing like crazy since last night. We all woke up to a land bathed in white. And I'm guessing the same thought went through alot of people's minds as they looked outside their windows today morning - f*** what on earth happened to the weather overnight! I trudged back from campus in the snow, and for some reason actually enjoyed it. Isn't it ironic though? That probably on one of the worst days in this city, I found it be ... almost special? Reminded me of when it would rain in Delhi - I do really believe that at least sometimes it rained only for me. I know it sounds presumptuous but honestly, I can't recount the number of times the rain would just soothe my ... spirit....

Oh before anything else, I found a surprise something in my mailbox today! Big thank-you hug to reefknot ! Totally made my day!
Speaking of friends, Div is back from the honeymooning, so we are going to be chatting this weekend :p And if M is free, I'm hoping she'll pick up :D :D

I would write about the ones who make up my world here but for sometime I've been feeling like I want to be left alone.... or maybe I'm just imagining it. Either way let's just say they're all doing good.

1 comment:

  1. 'land bathed in white'

    beautiful use of transferred epithet..

    the link to reefknot was interesting :)

    ReplyDelete