So here I am. New country, new everything. The flight was so long and so tiring that by the time I landed at SF, all I wanted to do was sit on the baggage carousel and stretch my legs. UD & Ash were there, a bit late, but still there. And then we had to hunt for their car since they forgot which level they had parked at! Came home, gorged on hot indian food, and slept.
It's nice here. Much quieter. Much neater. Spoke to the parents and felt ok then. So I'm being 'taught' the americanisms :p It's elevator, not lift. Glasses, not specs. Thermos, not flask :p And I was made to watch Spongebob squarepants today morning! Lol! The milk comes in big cans. The mangoes come packed like eggs in a tray. The ketchup bottle is huuuge! Packages of breads are again double of what I'm used to. But well I'm glad I came a bit early. Get used to it n all that.
Out of nowhere though, I begin to think of home and my parents. And I'm back to the way I was at the airport, when I just can't hold back the tears. There's everything here, I am already aware of that. But still ... I miss home.
Out of nowhere though, I begin to think of home and my parents. And I'm back to the way I was at the airport, when I just can't hold back the tears. There's everything here, I am already aware of that. But still ... I miss home.
dont worry Tiya, u ll get used to it..... Welcome to America!! I wish you have a safe and happiest journey in your new life :)
ReplyDelete--
Indu
Thank you so much!
ReplyDelete