Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Arggghh

There are times when I seriously want to kill someone. Like today. I just refuse to tolerate things anymore. The amount of nonsense I have to put with from the moment I wake up to the moment I sleep - it's a wonder I haven't killed myself already.
I have got an offer to teach at the best undergrad institute in this country for my subject. I have every right to resign from my current institute, according to the terms of the contract. And yet they are not relieving me. I've heard a whole lot of crap about institutional commitment etc - it's surprising they are even saying this to me considering I haven't been paid since July. To add insult to injury they tell me I can teach at 'any other' college from next month - are they blind?! You cannot compare 'the best' to just 'any other'. It's just not done.
Anyway after a day of frantic phonecalls and running around, I have confirmed one thing - No one can stop me from joining the other place.
And please, duniya bhar ki moral obligations mere sir pe nahin hain. Baksh do mujhe. So, it's bound to get unpleasant when I meet the principal tomorrow, but seriously, I just don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment