Friday, February 13, 2009

Sniff*Cough*Sneeze...

This has been one crazy week. Any which way I choose to look at it. Lectures, Tutorials, weather fluctuations, weddings, pre-valentine week, eco fest...
I am still stuck with an awful cough and cold, the kind that leaves you feeling all woozy and fuzzy and heavy-headed. The weather has just made matters worse. We had rain this week, yes the very same rain which is expected before the winter is seen to be truly on it's way out. So it was cold and damp and foggy and windy and it was also HG's wedding that night. Which eliminated all saree plans for all practical/feasible/rational/possible purposes! And yet there were women in the skimpiest of sarees and blouses, and I just do not know how they do it?!!?!?! Anyway the wedding was just gorgeous - the latest decor seems to be of fresh flowers and diyas... pretty nice :)

Lecutres were slightly difficult this week since the body wasn't feeling a 100% efficient. I have been dying to take a leave. Thankfully the fever hasn't set in, in a big way till now. Today the dept fest began. And it was quite a mess! We had a panel discussion where the first two panelists spoke for well over an hour each. The third panelist was Mojo, and I felt so bad about the whole thing. Among the first two was Gurcharan Das. I did not like him. Pompous, arrogant person that he is. The man went on and on and on with his presentation as if his was the only one for the day. I can't stand such people. He was like the Shashi Tharoor variety....what is it with these people, how can someone be so full of themselves...Tomorrow is another day of the fest and so goes one precious saturday...I'm not too sure what is causing the organisational failure - is it too much of centralisation? or decentralisation?!

Wore a saree today :) That's one resolution done with! Got a grand reception in class! The Ooohs and Aaaahs were too cute! They expect me to wear a red one tomorrow ;)

Billu Barber has become Billu, since the hair-cutters/stylists association had some objections... seriously jobless people in this country.
The BBC has some interesting shows on this month. Develop or Die comes this weekend...lookin fwd to it if i cn jst survive... I so badly want a chhuttiiii!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment