Monday, January 27, 2014

hmm


So it’s a new year and lots of new things have happened to me. The wedding was an absolute dream. Two in one day were crazy but crazy in a nice, fun and very special way. I still browse through the wedding photographs now and then. We really did look very good that day! Haha! I’m glad it went off so well. It was elegant and beautiful and everyone who mattered was there with us.
The post-wedding week was hectic with festivals, fatigue and departures. My departure to the field was the last one. It was easily one of the hardest things I’ve had to do. I was so emotionally distraught I finally broke down into tears. RG and the parents then tried to cheer me up. One day at a time, doing really good work, with the worst/longest period already behind us – I would get through this just fine.
So I left to train my survey team. And then the survey began. My day begins at 5am, I leave for the field at 6am and return by 5 pm. Every day brings a new story. Often times the phlebotomist drives me insane with his stupidity (honestly he is really very dumb!). Sometimes team members have personal issues. Sometimes it’s just that the village is uncooperative or too big or it’s too hot or something else. But for the most part it’s going well. The tabs are intact. The enumerators are doing well in terms of the survey. Our transportation is solid and we have a proper system in place for the blood-study. For the rest there should be a post on the research group blog coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment